Beautiful Art Nouveau vase consisting of cut glass that is clamped by a silver-plated frame. The frame has a model number and is marked with the Orivit mark.
Orivit was founded in 1898 by Ferdinand Hubert Schmitz. Orivit's first designs were presented at the Museum of Decorative Arts in Munich.
In 1900, Orivit took part in the 1900 World's Fair in Paris, where the company won a gold medal for its designs. In 1902 Orivit took part in the Düsseldorf Industrial Fair and in 1904 in the World Exhibition of Saint Louis, USA.
A new factory was opened in Cologne in 1903. In 1905 Orivit was taken over by the Wurttembergische Metallwarenfabrik (WMF), after which the Orivit brand continued to exist until 1914.
The vase is in perfect condition and is 20 cm high.